7 things I wish I had known sooner in life
Updated: Jul 25, 2018
1. Friends will come and go - Hold on to the good ones. Hold on to the ones who value you. Let go of the bad ones. Don't fight for them.
2. Don't chase more money. Learn to keep more money - It's not about how much you make. It's about how much you can keep. Financial literacy is key.
3. Be selfish - You are #1. People will mistake it for rudeness. Be selfish, but don't neglect others.
4. You don't need permission - No one should hold your dreams hostage. No one needs to sign off. Not your friends or your parents.
5. Don't change your character - Don't try to fit in to please people. It makes you look unnatural & awkward.
6. Don't be George Costanza - Speak the truth. "It's not a lie, if you believe it" doesn't fly in the real world.
7. Don't try to change people - Entering a relationship with the intention of changing someone is foolish.
(OK, #8, look people in the eye. Make them notice you without being creepy)
(OK, #9, Be Fox Mulder - The truth IS out there but you NEED to believe) What would you add to this list?